Friday, September 7, 2012

Daily 5 Doings

Doings-
In preparation for our upcoming "Parent Connect" where our topic will be The Daily 5, I used Piktochart to create this infographic highlighting some of the main ideas of The Daily 5. I am fairly new to using infographics to organize and summarize information. I thought it was an incredibly useful exercise, requiring me to synthesize and evaluate the information from the book through the lens of our school community and philosophy of learning.


I've also been documenting the process in the classroom through photos, videos and tweets. I am experimenting with different tools and forms so that I can expand and hone my skills, as well as find what works best for me as the creator as well as what, if anything, speaks to my "audience."

Last week I played with the movie trailer theme in iMovie 11 to create this video of the students in the building stamina phase of read to self. 


The Daily 3 from MJGDS Classrooms on Vimeo.

Stephanie also introduced work on writing to the students this week. She has done a stellar job of sharing on her classroom blog.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep providing information on Daily 3 Plan.

Samuel Anderson.